With the new year fast approaching, here is a sneak peek at our newest service option that we will be launching in January. We are excited to announce that we will be providing online parent-training courses. One of our primary goals at Kids First Behaviour Services is to make sure we have service options that allow parents to learn ABA techniques at a lower-cost and in a more easily accessible manner. It's no secret that it's been a very challenging year with all of the uncertainty about government funding. We've all been struggling to ensure that children who need ABA have the ability to receive ABA. That being said, even if traditional ABA or IBI therapy is not an option at the moment, parents still should have the opportunity to learn about evidence-based strategies that they can use to help their children achieve their goals.
There are many group training options in the community. However, they can still be prohibitively expensive, and it can be challenging to arrange childcare/get out of the house on a specific schedule. Our online group training sessions are designed to be a convenient and affordable option for families to learn specific and concrete ABA strategies that they can begin implementing with their child immediately. Families can participate in scheduled live group sessions or can purchase the video recording at a later date if the timing does not permit them to attend the live session.
Here are some of the benefits of our approach:
- We will be offering evening and weekend live-session options to accommodate working families.
- Families can participate in their own home, as long as they have a computer and internet
- These sessions will be designed to be a lower-cost alternative to traditional parent coaching
- Participants will still be able to interact with the presenter and ask questions as they go along
- Topics will be highly specific and allow participants to learn concrete information about strategies that they can begin using immediately
- Sessions will cater to a variety of different levels of ABA knowledge. We will have sessions for families just starting to learn about ABA, and also sessions for families with a more in-depth knowledge
- Live sessions: Participants can participate and view a live group coaching session on a particular topic at the pre-determined date and time. Following payment (payment can be completed online), the participants will receive the link to join the workshop. Workshops will take place via the Zoom platform (which is super easy to use, which is great for those of us who aren't super "techy". Participation and questions throughout the session are highly encouraged!
- Purchase of the Video Recording: For those who can't make the live sessions, video recordings of the sessions will also be available to purchase.
- Toilet training Do's and Dont's
- Finding Ways to Reward the Difficult to Motivate Child
- Making the Morning Routine Manageable
- Tackling Picky Eating
- Teaching Basic Safety Skills
We are so excited to get started with these courses and sincerely hope that we can help give parents useful tools to use with their children.
If you would like to ensure to stay updated with registration details, please sign up for our newsletter.